How we apply data protection
The Dyslexia-SpLD Trust through the Professional Development Framework will:
- comply with both the law and good practice
- respect individuals’ rights
- be open and honest with individuals whose data is held
- provide training and support for staff and volunteers who handle personal data, so that they can act confidently and consistently
The Dyslexia-SpLD Trust recognises that its first priority under the Data Protection Act is to avoid causing harm to individuals. In the main this means:
- keeping information securely in the right hands, and
- holding good quality information.
Secondly, the Act aims to ensure that the legitimate concerns of individuals about the ways in which their data may be used are taken into account. In addition to being open and transparent, The Dyslexia-SpLD Trust will seek to give individuals as much choice as is possible and reasonable over what data is held and how it is used.
How The Dyslexia-SpLD Trust will use the data collected
WE WILL: anonymously analyze the results gathered from the framework to improve service and offer guidance;
WE WILL NOT: disclose any personal details linked to the self-assessments to third parties without your explicit permission
WE WILL NOT: share your contact details with any third parties
WE MAY: contact you about the service as necessary for maintenance
WE MAY: contact you with subject relevant information and offers, unless you opt out.